skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Need to pass query results (with filter) into form's listbox

Experts:

I need some help with outputting *query results* (based on a filter) and display the results in a form (preferably in an unbound listbox... if necessary in a subform).

Attached is a subset of my database. The sample database includes various tables, queries, and forms. For the purposes of this question, the focus is on the following:

1. Form "F00_Billets" -- includes a combo "Go To" and 2 tabs ("General" and "CFT | WS")
    2. Query "Q00_CFT" -- shows all CFT (Cross-Functional Team) assignments for any of the 7 staff members (assigned via form "F50_BilletsToCFTs")
    3. Query "Q00_WS" -- shows all WS (Watch Stations) assignments for any of the 7 staff members (assigned via form "F54_BilletsToWSs")

Query "Q00_CFT" outputs the following (summarized):
    - For example, staff member = "Doris Day" is assigned to CFT = "Scheduling", "Operations", and "Accounting"
    - Alternatively, staff member = "Clint Eastwood" is assigned to CFT = "Accounting" only

- etc. etc.

Alternatively, Query "Q00_WS" outputs the following (summarized):
    - For example, staff member = "Doris Day" is not assigned to any watch station
    - Alternatively, staff member = "Clint Eastwood" is assigned to WS = "Research"
    - etc. etc.

... so far so good!

Here's what I need some help with:
    - Upon opening form "F00_Billets", select any staff member from the combo box... currently, it shows BIN and Billet Title on the "General" tab.
    - Switch to the 2nd tab "CFT/WS"... this tab includes two (2) unbound listboxes.
    - In the event I selected staff member = "Doris Day", I want to show "Scheduling", "Operations", and "Accounting" in the first listbox. And, given that Ms. Day is NOT assigned to any WS (per query "Query "Q00_WS"), I want the 2nd listbox to be empty. Naturally, if I assign her name to a WS (via form "F54_BilletsToWSs"), I want the selected WS value to be displayed in the associated WS listbox.
    - Same applies to all other staff members...
    - That is, if I select "Clint Eastwood" from the drop-down ("F00_Billets"), I want to show "Accounting" and "Research" in the two listboxes, respectively.

How can this be accomplished? Thousand thanks in advance!
    EEH
    Attached Files Attached Files

skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Never mind... I figured it out.

Cheers,
    EEH

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.