LucyToons is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Bulk input of orders

Hi,
    I have designed my own database for my business and been using it for the last 4 years, but there is 1 thing I want in it that I can't fathom how to do.

I have a customer table and orders table and I work on 3 weekly rotations for brochures, but I want to record who I have taken a brochure to each rotation (i.e each rotation is listed as a year and rotation for the fields) in the orders table, I have the fields for this in the table but at the moment I have to click on each customer (from a search form) to put the information in which takes time and is monotonous!

What I would like is to show a list of all customers grouped by year then rotation and be able to put in next to each customer if they have had a brochure and if I got it back (the latter is useful for when I re-canvass), I will also do it so that I am able to put the value of any order in.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Might be easier for readers to offer focused responses if you provide a graphic/screenshot of your tables and relationships or a copy of the database with only enough data to highlight what you have and what you'd like.
    How do you identify the group of Customers to whom you have taken brochures?
    You know your set up intimately, but readers do not -so the details of rotation, brochures... is important to understand things.
    Good luck.

Windows 8 Access 2016
    duplicate reply
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Query.jpg   Relationships.jpg   Tables.jpg   Search.jpg   Orders.jpg  

Windows 8 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Might be easier for readers to offer focused responses if you provide a graphic/screenshot of your tables and relationships or a copy of the database with only enough data to highlight what you have and what you'd like.
    How do you identify the group of Customers to whom you have taken brochures?
    You know your set up intimately, but readers do not -so the details of rotation, brochures... is important to understand things.
    Good luck.
    Thank you for the reply...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tables.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	40846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relationships.jpg 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	40845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Query.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	40844

In the table for customers I have field called "Interested" and these are the customers I take brochures to.

Currently I use a search form to find each customer, I click on each one to go to their order screen and input whether they have placed an order, but want to put in if they have had a book.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search.jpg 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	40847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orders.jpg 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	40848

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Currently I use a search form to find each customer, I click on each one to go to their order screen and input whether they have placed an order, but want to put in if they have had a book.
    If you have to search for each Customer individually, then you must be working from some sort of list.
    For consideration, instead of the individual search, you could have a multi-select listbox. The general logic would be
    -the listbox is populated with CustomerID, CustomerName
    -for each Customer that you want to update(your current individual search), you select in the list
    -you have some code/vba to use the selected CustomerID and build a refined list of those to be updated
    -you run code or a query to update the selected CustOrder records with your info (bulk update)

You can find more info if you search --multi select listbox.
    Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.