TINMAN is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

DSUM for running total and Parameter Query Problem

I have a database query in which I calculate the total equivalent inches DimensionInches for a record with feet, inches, numerator, and denominator field entries. I then have another field which creates a running total RT using the DSUM function. The query works fine for all records in the database. However when I enter a Parameter Query function to limit the records to a certain ProjectNumber I get an error message in the RT column which says:

The expression you entered as a query parameter produced this error. 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Input ProjectNumber."

When I get this error message it totally locks up my computer and the only way I can get out of it is to restart my computer.

I have two questions:

First on my query output the RT calculation output is aligned to the left of the column indicating it could be text rather than a number.

Second is it not possible to use a parameter query with the DSum function.

I have tried inserting something in the criteria portion of the DSum function limiting to a certain ProjectNumber but was not successful.

Any thoughts.

I can download the database but I have a lot of things I tried that make it rather messed up.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Review this recent discussion https://www.utteraccess.com/forum/in...ic=2056764&hl=

Suggest you provide db for analysis if you still need help.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.