sh5mg is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Using cascading combo boxes to select a specific record

Hello,

I am trying to use a form to make updates to a table. I need 4 combo boxes in order to select the proper record.

Background:
    I have 5 tables, T1 has the ID- (Overall "Goal") ie Goal ID 1
    T2 has the Goal and assigned "subgoals" ie Goal ID1 subgoal 1 is 1 line and Goal ID1 subgoal 2 is a line and so on
    T3 has Goal, subgoal and task so: Goal ID1 subgoal 1 task1 and Goal ID1 subgoal 1 task2 and so on....
    T4 is just Goal and the people its connected to- Goal ID NAME1, and Goal ID Name2 and so on.

T3 and T4 run a query to link them and update a Master Table (T5) that make it so its like Goal ID1 subgoal 1 task1 NAME1 and Goal ID1 subgoal 1 task1 NAME2, etc etc

I am trying to use the Master Table to build a form to select Goal ID, then subgoal, then task, then Name. I want the lists to stay limited to what actually exists (ie is Goal 1 doesnt have a subgoal 4, no subgoal 4 will appear in the drop down). I have successfully done this.

HOWEVER when i select Goal 1 and subgoal 1, everything is fine. when i select my task, the form is pulling the wrong record:
    so i select Goal 1, subgoal 4, and then task 2 in the combo boxes, but i can see on the form that when i select task 2, it actually is pulling Goal 1 subgoal 1 task 2.

Any one have any ideas how to fix this?

If it means completely rebuilding the form and the codes, that is perfectly fine with me!

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You probably didn't include all parameters in the task combo (both GoalID and SubGoal0. Can you upload a sample db with your form?

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.