GoldiRocks is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Trouble with combo boxes on Forms

Hi, I'm having some issues with the combo boxes I've created on my form. It is pulling the information from the wrong column on my table. I don't have lookup values in my table.

Also, when I create a report from the form, it is pulling from the ID column instead of the column where the information is kept.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thank you

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    always helps to provide examples of what you are actually doing, sow we either need to guess or provide a broad response.

It is pulling the information from the wrong column on my table.
    is either due to your rowsource or your bound column being incorrect in the combo control
    it is pulling from the ID column instead of the column where the information is kept.
    assuming this is being displayed in a textbox and not a combo on your report - in your report you need to include the table where this data can be found and include the relevant field in your select statement

Let's assume you have a table YourTable: YourTableID, Field3, Field2, Field3, and a lookup table (don't confuse it with lookup field in table) LookupTable: LookupTableID, LookupValue. In your form based on YourTable you have a combo box with proprties ControlSource = Field3, RowSource = 'SELECT LookupTableID, LookupValue FROM LookupTable ORDER BY 2', BoundColumn = 1, ColumnCount = 2, and ColumnWidths = '0, 2.5'

In your form, in combo you select/see LookupValue's from LookupTable, but in YourTable, LookupTableID's are stored. When you want in e.g. query to see LookupValue's instead, the query must be like
    Code:
    SELECT yt.Field1, yt.Field2, lt.LookupValue FROM YourTable yt LEFT OUTER JOIN LookupTable lt ON lt.LookupableID = yt.Field3

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.