ceatana is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Report formatting not the same on different computers

My reports are not showing up correctly across multiple computers. I created the database on my computer. It is saved on a drive that is shared among all staff. I am normally the only person who uses the database, although other staff need access occasionally. Today we discovered that, when viewing reports in the database on a different computer, the reports do not show up correctly. The problem is that on this other computer, when viewing the reports, they only show up in Portrait view. They are designed in Landscape view and that is how they show up on my computer. However, when printed, they do print correctly. It is just when viewing them that they do not show up correctly. This is a problem because some reports need to be exported into PDF and not just printed.

Is this an issue with a setting in Access on that different computer?

I've never run into this issue before.

Thanks!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    2 PCs may not have the same fonts
    or
    2 PCs may connect to different printers which have different settings/fonts
    or
    the PDF maker may handle settings diffently

ceatana is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    I don't understand what different fonts have to do with a page viewing in portrait view instead of landscape view. Regardless, both computers have the same fonts. And the printer settings shouldn't affect how Access shows the report when you click on View Report. The report was designed to be in landscape view. In fact, when you are viewing the report, the icon for landscape is shaded, showing that is what it is supposed to be looking like, but the page is in portrait.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    It sounds like you have a LAN, but the dB is NOT split. If you have several (more than 1) users in the same dB, you WILL corrupt the dB. It is not a matter if IF, just a matter of When.
    So the dB should be split - the BE (back end) has only the tables and the FE (front end) has every thing else - forms, queries, reports and code.
    See Splitting a access database, or how to run ms-access in a multi-user mode by Albert D. Kallal. About halfway down the page, look for UNC path names (Universal Naming Convention).
    The BE would be placed on the shared drive and a copy of the FE would be on each user's computer. Obviously, the BE tables would be linked to the FE.

I would not use "View Report", I always use "Print Preview".

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.