Robyn_P is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Use images from a directory in a report

Hello, I was wondering if you could help. I want to get images from a directory into a report. At present the idea is not store any information about the images in the database itself. The directory location is known and I want to use all images in that directory. Is that possible? I can do I in a form but have no idea how to start in the report. It's a little more complicated than that, I need the images to be grouped by file name, but if someone could suggest a starter solution, I can probably sort out the rest. Robyn

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If the report's record source has the full path to the image files you can simply use those in the controlsource property of an image control. Or you can set the Picture property dynamically in the report_open event or some other one depending on your needs. Your requirement is a bit unclear, if you don't know the file names but just the directory you will have to build a temporary table and use recursion to loop through the directory and populate the table.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Robyn_P is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hey thanks. Yes I'm sorry it's not very clear. The file names are all in the same format in the format TC####<description>, these correspond to items in the database called TC####. I need images corresponding to each TC####to be grouped together under that item in the report. i.e. a linked picture sub report. I was trying to avoid loading the image paths into the database as it's not information we need to store, but I think a temporary table is the most sensible idea. Thanks, I will do it that way.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.