Sonu is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Error While Importing All Objects from One DB to another

Hello All,

Our users are constantly getting following error messages since last few days: "Database unrecognized format" or "inconsistent state". Database Compact & Repair also did not help. We have two databases - one acts as a Front-end and one acts as a Back-end. Hence, I decided to create two new blank databases and import everything.

I was able to import everything successfully for the back-end database. Later while I was importing from the front-end, I received certain error messages - "Name conflict with existing module, project or library", "No current record", "The search keyword was not found". These messages appeared in the same order as I mentioned, and it happened many times.

I pressed OK every time they occurred. Now, I would like to know while my import (which is still in progress) completes, do I need to take care of anything?

Thank You,

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    sometimes an object (form,rpt) can get corrupt inside the db and cannot open (or transfer) Repair wont fix, but you can import it from an earlier version before the corruption.
    or
    1 db can lock the object while trying to import (inconsistent state)
    or
    1 db has a different version object. If the db is 2007, yet a form was designed in 2015 IN the 2007 objects, it could present an error
    or
    a MISSING reference in the VBE, tools, references can cause false errors.

Sonu is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    That helped. After the import, I found a total of 17 reports that did not import. When I tried to import one at a time, I got the same error messages. To my satisfaction, I opened these reports in Design View, did some minor changes and save but unfortunately the report never got saved. That probably confirms that the report is corrupt.

Now, as I have 17 such reports, how do I repair them? Rebuild can not be an option, as they are complex. Any suggestions?

Thank You.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    once corrupted, repair is not an option.

you could try copying the old report controls into a new report - you could try copy pasting all the controls in one hit but I recommend either on a section by section basis or control at a time. You'll still need to set up report level properties such as recordsource

you will have to address this error if it is still a problem.

"Name conflict with existing module, project or library"

It implies you either have more than one public function or sub with the same name and/or a function/sub name is the same as the module name.

Make sure all your modules have Option Explicit at the top, just below Option Compare Database. Then in the vba window select Debug>Compile - that should help you identify where you have errors like this (and many more) in your code

common errors include using reserved words like Date/Time/Desc/Description (google 'access reserved words' to find a complete list')

CarlettoFed is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

If you attach the files, replacing any sensitive data, perhaps it would be easier to check and help you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.