mick2000 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Team Statistics Report / Query. - removal of duplicates

Good afternoon everyone,

I am very much a newbie with MS Access. I have built a production tracker DB, which consolidates order Information, Product Barcode scanning & tracks the manufacture through to dispatch via courier.

I am in the process of building statistical reports in an attempt to ensure we have accurate staff performance KPI's. The issue is the query / report, while I can get data on Barcodes scanned daily, monthly & between dates, the issue comes where for what ever reason a barcode has been scanned by the same person mulitple times. This obviously skews the results.

Info:

Barcode Tracking table has the following fields:

ID BARCODE DATE TIME OPERATOR FUNCTION

Each operator scans the barcode as they complete their work on the product. So we can report on a particular Barcode and date & time of each function.

The individual query contains all fields above, and has criteria of "Enter Date" and "Operator Name" in their respective fields.

The problem comes when running reports for 1 operator to see level of activity over a period. If they either accidentally or intentionally scan the same barcode twice or more, this over inflates their "count".

I have tried a few suggestions from online, however none have been successful. Is their a reasonably straight forward way of sanitizing the report output to show totals accurately?

Hope this ramble makes some sense, and obviously can supply any further information that may be required.

Thanks in advance

Mick

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Try to leave the ID, Date and Time (last two are not the best field names as they are Access reserved words) out of the query output (obviously use the Date field with criteria to get your intervals) and use DISTINCT to remove the duplicates.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.