wcook101 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How do I open a form using a macro to set the opened form to a specific value?

I know how to set the default value of an opened form based on a specific value, but I dont wnat to use that method because there will be times when i open that form for another reason so i wouldnt want that vaule as the default.
    The case is specifically, in my customer form i have a button called "create deal" That opens a form called DealsF and i want it to open the form with the customer number already set to the customer I was looking at in Customer form. I also want it set so that when I enter the deals form its already in data entry mode. Is this possible?Customer Tracking-5.0.zip

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, it is.

Use DataMode argument with acFormAdd parameter of OpenForm to specify data entry mode.

More than one way to set customer number. Code in DealsF Load event could be:

If Me.NewRecord Then Me.CustomerNumber = Forms!Customer!CustomerNumber

Be aware this initiates record edit and if form is closed without entering other data, a 'blank' record will be committed.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wcook101 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    That's pretty nice. Once I tweaked the code to the actual fields it worked great. Now I just have to get the Items subform to jive with the Deal. Thanks so far.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.