NoobSQLACCESS is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Need help configuring Access DB

Access Experts and gods, I am in serious help with this access project I am working on.
    It appears to be simple but complex also.
    I have an idea to create database with at least 3 tables (more is okay if needed) to assist with the a not for profit group with sales.

I know I need a Memberlist for this. So I created a table with FName Lname Address PhNumber ZipCode etc.
    I know I Need a table listing the Products that are for sale and the price.

What I don't know is how to create a table that will automatically put the members in the row from the memberlist table, and the products from the products table as the columns.

I need this table to update automatically if a product is added or removed. The fields below the products will be the number sold. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Welcome noobSQLAccess.

You do NOT need a table in a physical Access database at the moment.
    You really need to be a little familiar with Database concepts, some analysis techniques and design approaches.
    Please see the Database Planning and Design link in my signature for a variety of articles.
    I recommend that you work through a couple of tutorials from RogersAccessLibrary mentioned in the link. You will learn some concepts and experience the design of a database. Should take 45-60 minutes -but you will learn.
    The short videos by BA-Experts are humorous and convey analysis techniques.

Good luck, but do not jump into physical database without an appreciation of the associated concepts.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Might not be the answer you would have preferred so I'll second the motion just as a means of support to both of you. This
    What I don't know is how to create a table that will automatically put the members in the row from the memberlist table, and the products from the products table as the columns.
    is the reason why. That is your Excel brain getting in the way of database design, which will only raise barriers along the way. Make sure anything you review covers normalization as a design concept, and make sure you understand the concepts. Once you think you have it figured out, you can always post back here to get your schema validated.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

This white paper should help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.