Rahat is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Access Form

Hi all,

how to link two forms in single table. Form1 has basic information with unique ID, i have to enter against this unique ID more information with form2 and the data should go into rows not in columns for the fields.

Please help on it.

Thanks and regards

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Rahat,

In clear simple English tell us about your proposed database.
    What is it about -its purpose?
    What are the subjects/things involved?

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Typically, there are usually two ways to go about it:

1. Combine the tables together in a query, and then use the query as the data source of your form
    2. Create two subforms from each of your tables, and put each of those subforms on your main form

Which way you want to go depends on the nature of the relationship between the data in the two tables.
    So, we would need more information to tell you which one you should use, as Orange suggests.

Rahat is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for replying.

Actually I am trying to create a databse, first step is recording an inquiry about products or services; products belong to different groups/principals, in an inquiry there may be more than one principals, i need to record them as single inquiry for different principals, in the table first 10 fields would be same and last three fields would be more than one entries which should go in rows.

So, i tried by creating subform, data goes into rows but Inquiry number is also changing that should not.

Afterwards i need to create internal Quotation request form and then generate quotation.

Thanks for help.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Rahat,

Here is a narrative from an often referenced tutorial on database design. Using your own situation can you describe your requirements in a similar level of detail? It's import to have enough detail in order to offer focused advice. The key is to identify WHAT is involved, and the relationships between those things. Once done and tested, we can focus on HOW to do "it" in Access.

ZYX Laboratories requires an employee tracking database. They want to track information about employees, the employee's job history, and their certifications. Employee information includes first name, middle initial, last name, social security number, address, city, state, zip, home phone, cell phone, email address. Job history would include job title, job description, pay grade, pay range, salary, and date of promotion. For certifications, they want certification type and date achieved.

An employee can have multiple jobs over time, (ie, Analyst, Sr. Analyst, QA Administrator).
    Employees can also earn certifications necessary for their job.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.