osiroky is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Patient data

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I have patient data, 300 standard questions. About 100 is relevant for each. I need a report for each patient that contains only the relevant ones and not the unanswered ones. Any suggestion?
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    from the limited information provided, suggest perhaps three tables

patients
    patientPK
    patientname (or obscured identifier)

questions
    questionPK
    question

answers
    answerPK
    questionFK
    patientFK
    answer

if the question is not relevant, there will not be a record in answers. If the question is asked, but not answered, the record will be created in answers, but the answer field would be left blank

you may need two more tables to group questions together based on the patient profile e.g.

profiles
    ProfilePK
    profilename

profilequestions
    profilequestionPK
    profileFK
    questionFK

then add a profileFK field to the patients table

you may need other fields such as dates - date patient became a patient, date question asked, date answered etc

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for answer. I already have these tables. The only problem is that the Diagnosis table has 300 fields and it has different content for each patient, an average of 100 fields filled. How to do it to print only filled fields?

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by osiroky View Post
    Thank you for answer. I already have these tables. The only problem is that the Diagnosis table has 300 fields and it has different content for each patient, an average of 100 fields filled. How to do it to print only filled fields?
    Not sure how that's possible. Did you mean 300 records?
    According to MS, the maximum number of fields is 255 and you shouldn't ever have anything like that in a well designed database
    See https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-98c1025bb47c
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

orange is online now Moderator
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    osiroky,

Can you post a copy of your database in zip format? With some details or example of what your report should contain.
    Having a sample of your database will help put the issue(s) into context and streamline communication.
    Good luck with your project.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Maybe the tables aren't Access tables, in which case a db copy won't be of much help?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is online now Moderator
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Good point Micron. But I think the OP could give us a little clearer picture of what he/she is dealing with if forum participants are to offer any focused assistance.

Bulzie is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Seems you just need to base your report on a query that only includes those records(questions) that have data, thus not showing the blank questions? Pick maybe 5 fields that are required and check those for data in the query ((Is Not Null) in the criteria)?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    ID LastName FirstName EmailAddress MobilePhone Address City ZIPPostal CountryRegion Notes konstituceAku konstituceByliny datum vyšetření rok narození první dojem váha výška tendence zažívání důvod návštěvy okolnosti potíží současná léčba léky a doplňky rodinná anamnéza osobní anamnéza kouření alkohol káva návykové látky často počítač mobil povolání stress z čeho sport - pravidelný pohyb úroveň energie vztah k teplu a zimě pocení bolesti halvy zrak poznámka obličej a smysly sluch čich častá nemocnost po ránu plný nos problémy s kůží
    36 XXX YYY

Hot Soyangin A Hot Soyangin Constipation 30.12.2019 1956 ano 90 184
    bolesti hlavy

ano

ano eksem

Unfortunately, I cannot send a copy to the database because there are real patient data. I'm only sending a dummy patient. Most fields are empty. I need to make a printout with only filled fields, not empty ones. Thank you!

Bulzie is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    So each patient record could have different fields filled out? And on the report, will you be listing out all of the field/columns even if no data? Give an example of what the output report should look like with a few test patient records.

First thoughts are to run code to analyze your data and create a temp table of just what you need to report on. Or use the OnPrint or other Event on the Detail section of the report to check data.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    It does not look like you have the table structure I suggested but would suggest it is still the way to go. These aren't really questions, they are details. I guess some will be common (name, address, date of birth), others will vary depending as to whether required or not. Put all common 'required' fields in a table similar to what you already have, and the rest use the 'questions/answers' tables. After that it is simply a matter of joins and criteria between the tables to control what appears. With regards the common fields investigate using the visible and cangrow/shrink properties - but depends on what your report actually looks like as to how effective that will be.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    So each patient record could have different fields filled out? And on the report, will you be listing out all of the field/columns even if no data? Give an example of what the output report should look like with a few test patient records.

First thoughts are to run code to analyze your data and create a temp table of just what you need to report on. Or use the OnPrint or other Event on the Detail section of the report to check data.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek obrazovky (142).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	40579
    happy New Year to everyone
    I also think that this is the only way. Query that have for each patient field that have been filled. The report is then very easy.
    There is no other way. One patient has a headache, the other has skin problems ... For everyone it's the report completely individual.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Solution: in report use CanShrink. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE33kBd_3DY
    Thanks to all.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    as suggested post #11

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.