khayward is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Subreport name appears at top of subreport in print preview

I've done a bit of searching around for an answer, but everyone seems to have problems with subreports not showing up at all. My subreport shows up just fine, exactly how I want it to, but when I go to print it the name of the subreport appears in the top left corner of the subreport area as shown in this image. It doesn't appear to be tied to the Caption property, as I have played with that already. This does not appear in layout view, report view or design view, just when I go to print, so in print preview and on the printed report. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subreport name picture.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	40482

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Never seen this. Can only suggest you try from a different computer. If you want to provide db, will try for you.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    BCMRP1.zipThanks for the tip - I tried opening it on another computer and still had the text show up in print preview, and it also shows on the printed report. I've attached the db, the report uses some form data, so if you open a form called 'frmAssemblies', then navigate to the second record and click the button labeled 'Generate Quote' the report will open up in the same manner that I am seeing it. As I said, the blue text doesn't show up in design or layout view. I suppose it's possible there's a label control that's somewhere I can't see it. I do appreciate your advice and help, thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I got an 'inconsistent state' error when opening db but seemed to recover okay.

Subreport container control has an associated label sitting behind it. Label name is "tblTandCtoCustomer subreport Label". Select it from PropertiesSheet dropdown and delete it.

Interesting it does not display in ReportView.

How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post

Subreport container control has an associated label sitting behind it. Label name is "tblTandCtoCustomer subreport Label". Select it from PropertiesSheet dropdown and delete it.

Thank you for looking at it! I thought it might be something of that nature. Apologies for the inconsistent state, it must have been open when I saved and zipped it.

Thank you again for your help!

LJL is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Years later, thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post

I spent an hour looking for why this was happening. I even moved the control speculating the same thing, but I could not find it. After your message, however, I became more insistent, and found it. I have to say, it was definitely not easy to find - had to select the control from the side of the frame to see the label versus just clicking on the control directly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.