Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sumq is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Data entry in Forms saving but not showing up..

This may be simple to others. I've read the other threads and wondering if its just the same situation or I'm having a memory lapse.

I've created a form based on tables and upon editing a new record, the information saves. I do have the ID on as Autonumber and on the form as well is the save record button from the command buttons by default built into access. however when I go back to view the records again, they don't show but the information is recorded when I view the table.

I don't know what seems to be going on. I'm wondering if it's something in design view that for example I'm doing an ID with information assigned to 21 but numbers 1-20 only show..I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

I'm quite new to Access. I do know some programming but much like access I haven't touched it in years. Any help would be appreciated or a clearer explanation.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    What is the Data Entry property of the form? If it's Yes, the form will only reflect records added since it's been opened. If you want to see all existing records, change that to No.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

sumq is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Thanks for the assistance pbaldy. Where would that be located in 2000? I'm going through design as well as the other view and can't seem to find it...

jpkeller55 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Go to the design view of the form and then View>Properties. Go to the Data tab on the Form popup box and find Data Entry field.

sumq is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    What is the Data Entry property of the form? If it's Yes, the form will only reflect records added since it's been opened. If you want to see all existing records, change that to No.
    It's set to no by default. For some reason its still not showing the new entry even after I reopen the form.

Windows XP Access 2007
    How is the form being opened? It is possible through code to force it into data entry mode regardless of that setting. What is the code used to open the form?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

sumq is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    It's all by default. I haven't done any coding sans the command buttons to search/edit records. I don't want it to go to the new entry upon load but would rather have the new entry I just did show up again. I don't mind it going to ID1 by default. Right now for example I have information on ID's 1-20 and inputted stuff for 21, I save it and close the form. I then reopen the same form and 21 doesn't show up but it does in the table showing that there is information.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Does the data for 1-20 show up? Can you post the db?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

sumq is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Unfortunately I can't post the DB i did do as was said and checked the properties and Data Entry was on No which is what I want for this particular form.

Data for ID's 1-20 does show up but if I were to make a new record thus creating ID21, the information saves in the table but won't show again when I reopen the form. However if I were to make any edits to 1-20 it does save and upon reopen the edits are there but once again, no new record shows for ID21. If I were to make a new record it would go to 22 and so on but still show info in the form 1-20.

Not to go in to far deeper but could it be because of some relationships via my other tables? I don't really think so..

Windows XP Access 2007
    Is the form based on a query? If so, does 21 show up there? If not, it could be because of joins or something.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

yhennous is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Form not saving

Is the form based on a query? If so, does 21 show up there? If not, it could be because of joins or something.

Hi pbaldy, Could you please let me know how to solve the isue of Forms not saving in access 2003; I read through the whole thread and checked everything and I still can't figure out how to sort it. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Windows XP Access 2007
    Some detail would be helpful. What's the record source of the form? Are textboxes bound to fields in that source?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2003
    Some detail would be helpful. What's the record source of the form? Are textboxes bound to fields in that source?
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quick. The record is held in a table and yes the texboxes are linked to it. It's a simple "how to create a DVD rental database" for year 7 students.
    Thanks

Windows XP Access 2007
    I can't tell from your description. Can you post the db?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2003
    I can't tell from your description. Can you post the db?
    I can email it- can I have your email address, as I can't see another way of sending it.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.