IvanD13 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

DB copied to new location no longer able to update form from list box selection

I made some modifications to my database (2007 - 2016 .accdb) on my desktop. When I copied it back to its permanent location on a shared drive (where it was originally with no issues) I was no longer able to select items in a listbox and have it update my form. If it matters, the items are populated from a query and the same issue occurs on 2/3 forms that have similar functionality. The record source for the form is correct and I have recreated the textbox from scratch using the "Find a record on my form based on the value I selected from my listbox" option in the wizard but it did not help.

The error occurs no matter where I copy the .accdb or even change its name on my desktop so I am assuming there is a link I can't find that needs to be updated. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    First thought that comes to mind is to make sure the new location is listed in Trusted Locations, or that you at least enable code to run via the option that would show up under the ribbon.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The db opens and you get no messages and no messages when attempting to do anything?
    There's no banner at the top telling you code has been disabled?
    Did you check the file properties after copying back, to ensure it didn't become Read Only?
    The listbox contains data, you just can't select anything from it?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

IvanD13 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for the replies. Yes, I have 'enabled content' and have code running within other forms that works just fine. Even if I just make a copy on the desktop or change the name on the desktop the form no longer works so I don't think it is a 'Trusted Locations' issue. And Micron, yes, the listbox populates from a query just fine, but nothing happens when I click an entry (i.e. form does not update with information from the selected record).

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    It sounds like this is the FE of a shared database.
    If so, suggest you relink all the BE tables.

Also, unlikely but possible, check none of the vba references are marking missing.
    Also check the file permissions for the FE and BE folders - are they read only or full control?

Finally, it may be due to corruption. Try decompiling the FE http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftacces.../Decompile.asp
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.