Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If its not clear from the previous answer, you can have both a full and a runtime version on the same workstation but they must be different versions of Access.

You can also have more than one full version of Access (in fact any Office app except Outlook) but it can be tricky managing that successfully.

Alternatively, set up one or more VMs and you can have all the versions you like.
    In fact I have every version of Access from 1.0 through to 365 using multiple VMs including both "witnesses" for A2010 or later. See http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/d...ion/4594459112
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I guess my main problem now is learning how to package my database (accde version) with Access runtime in some installer.
    be aware that packaging access runtime into an installer will a) make for a huge file for your user to download, b) the version you provide may not be compatible with their existing setup (e.g. if they have 365 and download your runtime, they will experience the same problem you had) and c) the version you provide may not contain all the latest bug fixes - may not matter but does depend on their policy for updates.

In my experience, better that you give them links to the MS runtime download if they don't already have access installed. Runtime in itself does not protect your application, it is just a cut down version of access that does not have any tools for the design view of forms/reports, navigation pane and right click menus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.