Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    artiomvr is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Hello,

I'm on it right now!! made all the panel types in tblPanelType but now i need to go 1 per 1 for the sizes so it might take a bit of time but i'll be back as soon as i can

As for the costs i have to meet the guy in 2 days so he could explain to me exactly how his organization put costs on some type of fences / panels and posts

So far I've got my:

tblPanelType
    tblPostsType
    tblFixationType

and now i'm on the dimensions but some times the same panel can have the same height / length but with a different diameter which makes me loose times since i have to make a new Panel type for the same thing with diff diameter kinda lost right now... waiting 2 more days to get more details from the guy in question and the prices too!

Thanks again for the help and your time!

Quote Originally Posted by artiomvr View Post
    tblPanelType
    tblPostsType
    tblFixationType
    You can have a single table instead of 3 here, with a field e.g Class defining what kind of entry (panel, post, or fixation) you have there. For fixation elements, width and heigt fields are left empty.

and now i'm on the dimensions but some times the same panel can have the same height / length but with a different diameter which makes me loose times since i have to make a new Panel type for the same thing with diff diameter
    Exactly so. Whenever anything makes any element different from rest (price, material, measures of components, refinement, etc.), you have to define it separately (or you will need a bunch of subcategory tables, which increases the complexity of design considerably). My advice is to structure different elements of same design using element name/description field (anyway to select element in form it will be best to use combos, where element name is used for searching and to be displayed). Like "Oak panel DesignName 2x1.5m premium". You simply order the row source of combo by name.

artiomvr is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Yup ArvilLaanemets i get what you mean but could you remind me how exactly i can get this results ?

Let's say i got a Panel called Limitor but this panel could get 2 kind of different posts 1 is triangular and the second one is a standard one but when i add the my tblPostsType i can see all of my posts available here how i can make it so it only shows the posts that goes with this panel ?

You need to use what is known as Cascading Combobox's.

Look up the topic on Google for examples.

These cascading Combobox's use 2 tables but you can have more.

The first Combobox you make a selection of the Panel Type

The second Combobox will then only display items which are related to the Panel Type selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.