tashielb is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Access 2016 subform for additional information

Hi Access gurus,

please excuse my raw subject, fact is, I dont even know how to summarise what I am asking.

I am a complete access beginner, only done a few full courses online, skillshare, and YouTube and I have started to build a basic carwash management system for my carwash.

Basically there are 3 categories/tables.

1)Customers
    2)vehicles
    3)job cards

The customer table has the basic details of the customer, and I have a form and dashboard where you can crud the customer details and search for customer using either their, firstname, lastname, or cell number.

The end goal is to be able to add vehicles that are "Attached" to a customer, because each customer may have more than one vehicle that they bring to the wash. So I want to include a filtered subform that links to the vehicles table, within the customer form, to show us what vehicles that specific customer has. Question is, how do I filter the specific customers vehicle to show within the subform and second question how do I allow adding of the new or additional vehicle and attach it to a customer which is located in a different table.

I'm not sure what to use a Unique identifier that we can filter for the customer.

So when a customer arrives, the supervisor will open a new job card, select the customer, which will use a combo box to search and auot populate the customer fields within the job card, then select from a drop down list, the customers vehicle, and then select the services and continue with the work.

My issue is attaching a vehicle to a specific customer.

Please kindly let me know if I'm not making sense and assist if you are able to with as much information as possible, seeing as though I'm quite a n00b at this.

Thank you in advance, hope to get some great solutions!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm not sure what to use a Unique identifier that we can filter for the customer.
    I would use an AutoNumber field as the Primary Key.
    My issue is attaching a vehicle to a specific customer.
    I would use a junction table. Would only need two fields: Primary Key from Customer table and Primary Key from Vehicle table.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    tasCarwash-davegri-v01.zip

See attached. DB has main form for customer and subform for vehicle in datasheet view. It has comboboxes to lookup either customer name or customer phone.
    Corresponding tables are tblCustomer and tblVehicle.
    You can add vehicles to a specific customer by simply typing the new vehicle in the subform while the customer is showing in the main form.
    I included tables tblJobCard and tblService but no forms as I couldn't determine how you might want these to function, or want them at all.
    Last edited by davegri; 10-14-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: clarif

tashielb is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    WoW than you so much, this is amazing!!! Let me try and wrap my head around and get back to you, perhaps we can work together. Thank you again, so much!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    tashielb

Try attached db.

It has a single form to record jobs to go.
    Selecting a customer from the combo box results in filtering the cars available to just those associated with that customer.
    Very basic but show what I thought you were asking for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.