Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Bob -- your modified version includes some very intriguing processes. I wish we had had this dialogue several months ago when working on the general architecture. I will further review whether or not I can simply plug in your form into the actual database. That is, we have some business rules which may preclude it. For example, in some cases, the users do want to see which members have not bee assigned to a billet (vs. removing their names from the combo).

However, at the same time, I am very much intrigued by the ability to remove a value (e.g., lastname) from the combo once that value has been assigned. I looked at the VBA but I didn't recognize which code or property automatically remove a previously assigned lastname from the values left/shown in the combo.

Could you please elaborate what function/code is performing that auto-refresh?

Thanks,
    Tom

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I am very much intrigued by the ability to remove a value (e.g., lastname) from the combo once that value has been assigned. I looked at the VBA but I didn't recognize which code or property automatically remove a previously assigned lastname from the values left/shown in the combo.
    This is achieved more with the SQL statement used for the combo box than with code. Only code required is to requery the combo box after a selection has been made.

I felt that was a more intuitive way of doing it. I hope you agree.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Bob... really smooth way of managing this process. I noticed the very tiny combo box... it made more sense after I further reviewed those properties. Again, very elegant solution! Thank you.

Cheers,
    Tom

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivetom View Post
    Bob... really smooth way of managing this process. I noticed the very tiny combo box... it made more sense after I further reviewed those properties. Again, very elegant solution! Thank you.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Glad you liked it .

From your post #16:
    ....we have some business rules which may preclude it. For example, in some cases, the users do want to see which members have not bee assigned to a billet (vs. removing their names from the combo).
    But surly that is exactly what happens with the latest version offered?
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.