Entre is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Is Access good for this?

I have just started scratching the surface of Access, and before I get into it and start learning how to use the program, I want to check with you if Access is a good option for the project I'm doing.

So I'm creating a database where there are profiles with certain information. There should be some categories with just one or two words and some with several sentences and paragraphs of text. And most importantly: there will be several photos for each profile, that n.B. vary in resolution.

When profiles are made, I want to be make a selection of them (based on certain criteria in different categories) or all of them, and gather them in one single document, that shows name and some text of each profile, and most importantly photos. The important thing here is that the document will look good. Every profile should be inside a square where every profile has the same size, and automatically fit so that for example it exactly fits X times Y number of profiles per page, and the photos shown for each profile in this document must also be the same size - even when the image files have different resolutions.

So my question is, for the description above of what I am creating - is Access a program that is good for me to use for this?

And if so, will everything I described be easy and straightforward to do in it?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    This is management of data and yes a relational database is appropriate tool and yes Access is appropriate program. Will it be easy and straightforward - that is a function of your experience and knowledge and what you want as end product. I do think you will find Access more easy and straightforward than some other db platform.

Study an introductory tutorial and start building. When you have specific issue, post question.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.