willmafingerdo is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Data wont pull on my quries after database work..

Hello,
    I had some issues w/ a database and ended up changing the data type of two fields on two joined tables from number to short text. now any data after the change wont pull on my query. the changes took effect after 9-16-19, so if i run the query's for anything prior to that date the data will populate but anything after that the querys show blank. I only changed the two fields, why is that stopping all the other data from populating? my skill is about at the advanced beginner level.. i have tried everything i can think of and im not sure what else to do.. any suggestions would be appreciated. Below is my query, the table tbl_Data_OfficeNames & OfficeName on tbl_EmployeeData_EODinfo table are the two that were changed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	39823

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by changed both fields from number? OfficeTitle could not have been number type.

Do you have lookups built in tables?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

they were both number data types, i changed them to short text. yes there is a dropdown menu based off the office name table. I made this database like 5 years ago and havent really worked on it since so im a little fuzzy on everything i did when i made it.. I cannot post the database, this is a live DB we use at my work.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    what are 'they'? which fields did you change the datatype?

I suspect you've been using lookups in a table and where they used to connect on ID, you are now connecting on text - but you haven't updated the existing records in the child table to link to the text value in the parent field, they are still a number

The table tbl_Data_OfficeNames field OfficeTitle and tbl_EmployeeData_EODinfo field OfficeName are the two that were changed. do i need to delete the field off of my data entry form and put the new OfficeName field back onto the form?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    'title' and 'name' imply text. so what did you change the type from/to?

Based on your diagram I would expect OfficeName to be called OfficeID and be a long datatype and link to the officeID field in tbl_Data_OfficeNames

I went into my main form and updated the Office name field to point to the name instead of ID and after that it seemes to work. i have to redo my queries but everything is working.. thanks for the help!! i made this database about 5 years ago and only use Access like once or twice a year so its always a struggle when things brake.. so fingers crossed whatever i did is all i needed to do to fix it!! Thanks again!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.