maclarkson is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Double Click list box to Open Form to Specific record on a WEB DATABASE

Hi all, Sorry im a bit of a newb to ACCESS

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have created a search form that filters a list of objects. SearchObject. The subform is called ObjectSearchSubform I create tried creating a double click event on the id that will open the main "Objects" form to allow me to edit it. I can't get it to open on the record with the same id of the record i just clicked on. I also can't get the from to filter on the name of the ObjectType. Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

VisioDB.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    I haven't seen a web database question in a looooong time.

Name is a reserved word. Should not use reserved words as names for anything.

I don't see a listbox, only comboboxes.

Why won't ObjectSearchSubForm open in LayoutView?

Filter criteria is wrong - backwards and should reference subform. Should be:

[ID]=[Forms]![SearchObject]![ObjectSearchSubForm]![ID]

Why bothering to open Object form? The complete record is already viewable on SearchObject form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

maclarkson is offline Novice
    I decided to go for a subform with a query behind it rather than a list box, because i felt i could control the information that is displayed better. i invisage the displayed data is going to get a lot more complex in future.

Do people not really use web databases? i would really like to host the thing some where hence my reason for going for a web DB? The object form is going to get a lot more complex hence the reason wanting to open it up. I want to eventually embed the relationships table as a form in the objects form so that I can record relationships between objects. Ill probably have questions on how i do this eventually. The objective is that I am trying to create a database where a can record which applications are connected\integrated with eachother, application with applications, functions with functions, functions with processes, servers with hubs or firewalls etc. Generally anything that can be connected with anything else.

Your code worked by the way so thankyou for that. i forgot to rename the combo box. so i have done that now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	39794
    I then altered the query to include what i thought would filter by the object type, but for some reason i can get it to work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	39795

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I thought they were deprecated.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.