thegrimmerdiscovery is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Junction tables, subforms?

Getting in a right mess with what I’m sure should berelatively simple even for a novice like me. But I’m feeling battered anddispirited by not getting this right.
    I’m working with just three sets of simple data.
    PersonID – This is just the forename & surnameconcatenated (dealing with relatively few people in the data so duplicates arenot a concern at this point)
    JobID – The name of the job, includes: Team Lead, DeputyManager, Locality Manager
    LocalityID – The name of the workplace locality. For thesake of simplicity, I’ll call these North, East, South and West.
    The problem I’ve got is that one person can simultaneously holddown more than one job across more than one locality. So, for example, BobSmith could be the Team Lead, North, but also Deputy Manager of the East. Butthere could be, for example, other staff with the title of Team Lead, North. Basicallythere can be any number of people with the same job title/locality combo andany one person can hold down any number of jobs.

I’ve turned to junction tables and I’ve had a go at subformsbut it seems I’m fundamentally scuppered with this. If someone could providesome basic, easy to follow steps I’d be very grateful. Really basic ifpossible.

tblPersons: PersonID, ForeName, LastName, ...;
    tblJobs: JobID, JobName, ...;
    tblLocalities: LocalityID, LocalityName, ...;

Let's it be simple for now. Person can have any number of jobs. Those jobs can be in different localities, but person can have also several different jobs in same locality. And person can have certain job only in one certain locality.
    tblPersonJobs: PersonJobID: PersonID, JobID, LocalityID (PersonJobID is primary key, and you have also unique composite index based on PersonID, JobID and LocalityID)

thegrimmerdiscovery is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks Arvil. Just what I was after.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.