utku is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

While Data Import from Excel / Error 3343: Unrecognizad database format

Hello,
    We have an automated report which downloaded our local server each day with 8 hour interval. File loaded into server by excel (.xls) format but inside data is comming from csv file.
    We have another system created by Access Form's and with a button system imports data from these excel files into access database by vba code.
    How code works:
    * It checks excel file from server and if excel file loaded, it opens the file but while doing this it first changes decimal and thousand settings. (Loaded file decimal settings are different from computer system settings.)
    * Then loading excel file data into a temporary table in access database with "recordset.addnew" method.
    * Then 2 access queries run from code by "docmd.openquery" method. (First query makes some summarize of data and appending data to main table in database, Second query updates main table one column from another joined table)
    When I use these update function it's working correct and I have no problem. After other users start to use, sometimes I don't have 1-2 days then suddenly we have database corruption with below message (Error 3343: Unrecognizad database format)
    This is a splitted database and while I check backend file it's always corrupted and it recovers directly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFOLError.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	39756

I check the issue; I make trials after recovering & compact and repairing database. While I try to create this corruption, I couldn't do it after maybe 100 times trial. After starting to use with other users after several days this is occuring again.
    What do you think I need to do, because I've Google'd too much and tried several thins still couldn't find any way.
    Do I need to use temporary table by another database, do I need to link that table to frontend or not?
    Or do I need to use another way instead of temporary table?
    Running several queries from code could cause this or do I need to run SQL code from code instead of runing query?
    Changing decimal, thousand settings could effect this or not?

Thanks

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    download the csv file to the same file evertime: i.e. c:\temp\File2Import.csv
    run docmd.transfertext to import the same file everytime
    this appends data to the same table everytime. (not recordset.addnew)

utku is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi ranman,
    I'm taking some part of the csv file data and making some manupilation to adjust datas suitable for what I need in Access.
    So I'm using recordset method and making these adjustments inside code by passing some lines, trim some data, timevalue adjustments etc.
    Why do I need to download csv file with same name always? Because system loads csv files with date's in the name and I'm checking actual date before opening csv file by code.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by utku View Post
    This is a splitted database ....
    Does everyone have a COPY of the FE on their local (personal) computer? NOT a shortcut to the FE.
    Is everyone using the same version of Access?

utku is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes everyone has FE on their local computers.
    Some people using developer version, some people using runtime version Access. But all 2016 as I know.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.