Dropout is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Pack slips

Good afternoon.

I'm about to get started on an Access adventure and have been doing lots of reading.

I see lots of info for order entry and invoicing but little or nothing on creating pack slips.

When we ship to a client we will have up to 20 open PO's and ship to them in a number of bins. We will not ship any of the PO's completely and all part from a given PO that are shipped will not likely be in one bin.

The result is a list of Bin #, Part#, PO#, Qty.

Then print a list of what's in each bin and what the total shipment is?

And of course update the PO's to what is still outstanding.

Is this doable? If so, can someone please point me to some samples or other info that can help?

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    From an Access view, do not use field name with special characters nor embedded spaces.
    I suggest you write a 4 or 5 line description in plain English to tell readers what each of the Bin, Part, PO and Qty mean and how they relate to your business. Do you interact with Customers or Suppliers?

You may get some data model assistance from Barry Williams' site. Search for Shipments or Orders and Shipments.
    And review the info here.
    Good luck.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    also maybe look under section 18 here http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/
    and check the page for related schemas. Not sure what level of help you're looking for (schemas may not be enough). Quite doable, but not an easy project for a first database if that's the case. We're more about helping when you get stuck as opposed to teaching how to build an entire project as some here are paid consultants. But if you can break it into chunks and seek validation (or assistance) as you go, that usually is OK. The trick might be in knowing what those chunks should be.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Dropout is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Thanks for the feedback.

Point taken Micron. Rap my knuckles if I misuse the forum.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Don't take it the wrong way. You can ask for anything your heart desires - just wanted you to know that you may not get the level of help you ask for because for some, it may transcend the boundaries of assistance into free development. Just trying to paint a picture of what the forum is typically for, which doesn't preclude anyone from asking for the moon.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.