Access programming help

Hello...iam new to access..i want some tips to design a production tracking system for my company...ps. i dont own to company...iam a supervisor...i have a table(tblmain) which has details of all the products that need to be produced which i get in the form of a excel table everyday..so i dont want to define any relations..as everything will be there in one table which i can update every day....the table will contain items like order number ,specification ,width, height, totalqty , discription etc...please note one order will have multiple items..i have made an additional primary key called "id"......i want to update a second table called (tblproduction) which will store datas like date of production, operator, "id"( from master table)..qty of production...i want an user friendly method to enter daily Production in second table... preferably a form in which selecting order number from a combo box and showing details of the pending items of the selected order in a list form like a subform and enter the daily production in and all these data gets stored in the second table....i highly appreciate if anyone call help me...again iam new to access without any programming knowledge

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    A database can be designed and used without a single line of code by relying on intrinsic tools for sorting and filtering and manually opening objects from Navigation Pane. The more 'user-friendly' the more code will be involved. So, suggest you learn how to program. Start with a review of
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...7-70649e33be4f
    http://baldyweb.com/FirstVBA.htm
    https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Intr...to_Programming

Also, study an introductory tutorial on Access to learn basics of Access functionality and database principles. You already seem to have understanding of some features (keys, subform, combobox, etc). Continue developing and when you have specific issue, post question.

Manufacturing/Assembly/Production type of database is subject of many threads. IMO, it is one of the more difficult types of db to design, if you are wanting to track the assembly of products - which parts are used in assembly and what assemblies are used to build whole product. Gets very tricky. If you don't need to track that level of detail then might not be so bad.
    Last edited by June7; 09-12-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    In addition to the advice offered by June, please see the link to Database Planning and Design in my signature.
    The tutorials at RogersAccessLibrary mentioned in the link will help/lead you through the design process based on your business.
    I also suggest you watch a few of the analysis "knowledge nuggets" from BA-Experts also mentioned in the link.
    Good luck with the project.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.