ortizimo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Jump To Record

i have a form that shows me the [Form].[CurrentRecord] and on the other side a Count[(ID)] this way I can see the record I'm on and the total records. I've tried making a Jump To Record just like a Search just to jump to any number but cannot make it work. What would be the correct code for doing a simple textfield and a button just to enter a record number? I've tried an unbound field with a button to do the search from using Like "*" for the CurrectRecord. Thanks. PS, not using the macro which opens the default find and replace form.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if you're using a bound form (which I'm assuming you're doing) can't you just type in the number of the record you want in the record selector box at the bottom of your form? I don't use bound forms but this seems the easiest without having to do any extra coding.

Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    if you're using a bound form (which I'm assuming you're doing) can't you just type in the number of the record you want in the record selector box at the bottom of your form? I don't use bound forms but this seems the easiest without having to do any extra coding.
    Yes...but i'm trying to get rid of the seach selector and have one on my own...but I get what you're saying...

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you don't do that I would suggest a search function rather than going to record x, particularly if you can delete data from your table. if you have record 1 through 10 today and record 1 through 12 tomorrow but record 3 and 4 have been deleted going to record 5 will result in different results each day. Also the person using the database would have to know which record number was relevant. It would probably be a better idea to supply an unbound control (or a couple of controls) to help the user search for specific items then display the subset of records rather than always looking at the entire dataset.

Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    If you don't do that I would suggest a search function rather than going to record x, particularly if you can delete data from your table. if you have record 1 through 10 today and record 1 through 12 tomorrow but record 3 and 4 have been deleted going to record 5 will result in different results each day. Also the person using the database would have to know which record number was relevant. It would probably be a better idea to supply an unbound control (or a couple of controls) to help the user search for specific items then display the subset of records rather than always looking at the entire dataset.
    copy that...I already have a search function that searches all over the form for related words with and gives me a total of items found...I just wanted a quick jump-to like function for bookmarking purposes...If I find a solution I'll repost...thnx 4 ur help!

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    There are no record numbers per se. There are unique identifiers for records if you have normalized your table and assigned a primary key.
    Perhaps an example from your data would help.

You may find Findfirst useful.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.