chuck130 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Trouble adding data with forms

Hello. I am new here and hope this is the right spot to post. I am using a form to add data to a table. What I am wanting to do is be able to add several products, descriptions, and comments to one customer, date, and tracking ID. I tried using a subform, and it works in the form. But when I go to the table the products aren't listed as I had hoped. Instead I have 7 or 8 records with fields missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    is this an ordering system? what is your file used for?

it looks like all you need is one form. I think you might have enough data to split it into multiple tables and form relationships so you can simply your data entry. But to know for sure you may have to tell us what the db is used for exactly. The image suggests an ordering system and tracking ability for customers...

chuck130 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes it is. I am using it to enter what is needed and save it to the table so I can keep track of what is ordered and I plan on making a query to look up info based on customer, date, etc.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck130 View Post
    Yes it is. I am using it to enter what is needed and save it to the table so I can keep track of what is ordered and I plan on making a query to look up info based on customer, date, etc.
    I think all you're going to need is a form then that is bound to this table. Make sure it is connect via a customer ID or something else that is primary. be sure to populate that field either with a lookup function in new records or something else. If you do that, the data will most likely be normalized correctly.

I made a sample once for something similar to what you're doing in terms of the relationships that are needed. I attached it for you.

if you open the ORDERS form, I think that is doing what you're looking for. the combo populates the cust ID. check out the relationships of how the orders are connected to customers.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.