morganw is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Unhappy Relationships Disappeared

I have a split access database that's been in use for almost two years. The database resides on a computer which I access remotely via Remote Utilities, where I transfer the db to my local PC, work on it, then transfer back to the remote machine. We use EaseUS Todo Backups to create an image file every 30 minutes of the database file. I am currently in the process of doing some refactoring and have run into the following issue:

All of the relationships in the database have somehow disappeared. Here is what is strange about this:

• About a week prior to discovering this issue I had taken a copy of the database and did not have this issue.
    • The relationships are gone whether I open it on my local machine or the remote machine.
    • Upon finding this, the first thing I did was try to restore a backup to see if the relationships were there -- they were not.

This is what I can't figure out -- I had copied the file, everything was OK, then a week later no relationships were found in either the current copy, nor any of the backups from before there was no issue.
    I have tried the following to resolve this:

• Updating Access on both machines.
    • Hiding all tables then adding back and showing 'all relationships' in relationships tab.
    • Looking for relationships in the database documenter.
    • Restoring old backups as mentioned.

I'm sure this could be a result of corruption -- but how could this corruption extend to the .pbd image files generated by EaseUS, that were created before the issue occurred?

Edit: Sorry, am new here -- just saw the message about cross posting being discouraged. I did post this on one other forum as well as stackoverflow:
    https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...50#post1636050
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ms-access-2016

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Are you saying that in the relationship window, the tables appear without the relationship lines, or just no tables appear?
    If no tables, right click and display them.
    Of course, you can only manipulate relationships while in the BE.

Tables appear with no relationship lines. I checked the database documenter as well as queried the MSysRelationships table and there's nothing there aside from the NavPane objects.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I presume you are the sole user of this database. i.e. someone else hasn't copied tables without relationships then saved as your 'master' on your remote computer

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    To expand on what Ajax suggests, right click on a table in the Navigation pane and display properties. You can see the creation date for the table. That might be a clue.
    Last edited by davegri; 08-19-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: clarif

I am the only user of the backend database, yes. There are several users of the front-end applications but they all use Access Runtime to run the apps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.