BWagner10 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

EMailDatabaseObject Macro "Template File" Field

I have an EMailDatabaseObject macro that currently works.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Email.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	39453

I am able to populate the pertinent fields from the database with no problem. The macro works fine to create a report, format and attach it to Outlook as a PDF. I also have an Outlook template that I used in the past to send the file; the template also contains a signature block. What I would like to do is use the Outlook template, populate the fields with the proper data, then be able to edit the final file before sending.

This may be a two part question: 1) How can this be accomplished? And 2) Is there an example of successfully using the "Template File" field of the EMailDatabaseObject macro?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Apparently the Template File would be a text file with HTML coded text. Per MS: "The path and file name of a file you want to use as a template for an HTML file. The template file is a file containing HTML tags." So what do you do with an HTML template file? Review https://www.visuallizard.com/blog/355/outlook-email-templates. Another https://www.outlook-apps.com/outlook-template-emails/. Actually, none of those really make clear to me how to use template file. And sorry, not finding a sample db.

I don't use macros anyway. I would use VBA.

How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BWagner10 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for your reply, it is greatly appreciated. I had tried that approach with no success; it is possible I was missing something in the HTML encoding. I don't have a good handle on VBA so wasn't sure how to go about making it work.
    Again, thanks for answering my post; it is yet another way I am trying to learn to be better at Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.