Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hendrikbez is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I just use for test, 1,2,3,4 should be "Word 1", "Word2", "Word3", "Word4" I want search for one word, and when I press the search button, It must give me all the words that is in the table(row with words in)(eg. in row 1, I have words "hi" "hello" wup" yea" and morning) so when I search for the word "Hi", it must give me a list of all the other words "hello" wup" yea" and morning, and if i search for morning, it must give list of "hi" "hello" wup" yea". (hope this is more clear.) I also want to add new words to table I also want to add new word to existing table if the word have the same meaning

Afrikaans Engilsh
    Woord word

All the other word are in English and I have giving English sample words in the first few lines.

=

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    ???And if you a "row with words" dog, jamaica, tungsten, chemistry, sandals, vegan, mandarin
    what if you type in "man" or "mandarin"?

What do the words in a row mean to you?
    Other than being in the same row, is there some logic to the words --their length, meaning, number of vowels?????

For example what does "morning" have to do with "yea"? It must be clear to you, but it is the source of confusion to me.

[QUOTE ??And if you a "row with words" dog, jamaica, tungsten, chemistry, sandals, vegan, mandarin
    what if you type in "man" or "mandarin"?[/QUOTE]
    On this form the user must type the full word out.
    What do the words in a row mean to you?
    the words must have the same meaning

Other than being in the same row, is there some logic to the words --their length, meaning, number of vowels?????
    the only thing is the meaning in this case
    For example what does "morning" have to do with "yea"? It must be clear to you, but it is the source of confusion to me.
    yes you are correct yea is not the meaning, i could not think of more words in English
    You are more understanding me

Sorry Hendrik I do not understand.
    the words must have the same meaning
    yes you are correct yea is not the meaning
    Here are some synonyms for Search /Hier zijn enkele synoniemen voor Zoeken
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hendrik_synonym4search.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	39555
    Last edited by orange; 08-23-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Hi orange

This is why I not like to use twitter, sms to send message, I will phone person and talk to them, I cannot get it right to explain on this forms.

you are correct with synonyms, but I do not what two different languages for it, (why I have put Afrikaans and English, was to explain the word in English on the form).
    Only going to use one language for this form.

On my table, on each row is a few words that has the same meaning, so when I search for one of these words that is in the table on that row, it must give output of all these words on the form.
    So search for any word must be display on form.
    There will also be a button to add new word to that list on the table.

The word yea was not supposed to be in the word list that I have giving to you as example.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    you have not commented on the code I provided in post #12. If it doesn't meet your needs, perhaps explain why

accesstos is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrikbez View Post
    Sorry for replying only now, did have a death in my family.
    Hendrik, I am sorry for your loss.
    You don't have to apologise for anything.

About your issue, create a query with all available fields of your table plus a field (say AllWords) with all fields (words) joined in one, separated with a blank space. For example:
    Code:
    AllWords: & " " & [word1] & " " & [word2] & " " & [word3]...& " " [word13] & " "
    After that, in a bound form on that query, you can set the filter as follows: [AllWords] LIKE "* " & Me.txtSearch & " *"

I attached a sample based on that aproach.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hendrik,

I gave a list of synonyms for the English word SEARCH in both English and Dutch because you said
    i could not think of more words in English.

The site I used.

This was just showing that Google could find synonyms for a word --SEARCH, and I translated the
    result set using Google Translate - English to Dutch--then posted.
    It was just a simple method to get a list of synonyms for a word. This gives a fairly long list of words,
    hopefully a few more than you could think of. I used Dutch, but could have used Afrikaans.

I was not suggesting you need to record/work with the 2 languages in you application.

You have been given some code by John and Ajax that you should try. If it doesn't do what you want/need, then post back.

For me, I'm still uncertain of your real need. Given that we worked through the crossword solver than seems more complex than returning records using a 1 word term.
    As I have requested/suggested, write your detail requirement in Afrikaans, the use Google translate to get English for posting.
    What is the purpose of this proposed database/application? Who will use it and for what purpose?

For your own learning, take this post to Google translate and go from English to Afrikaans. Test it yourself as a communication utility.

Good luck with your project.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hendrik - In fact, the afWordSearch is not my suggestion because has all those limitations of an unnormalized database. I just wanted to demonstrate how you can achieve your goal with the way that you have choose, but I don't approve it.

I had prepare an other sample (see attachment) based on Ajax's suggestion and I believe that is the best base for this project.

Good luck!

John

Hi John

Thank you for your help, this is what I was looking for, I have pull my table in to the form, it did pick it up, but the words does not show correct like they should, it show other words instead of the right ones when you do a search, I have added the database and the xls file, that have two sheets, n before and after, look at the after and you will see the words, that must show.

How does the add new word work, I have try to add a totally new word, but give error.

Take the word "ontroer" it must show this words " "aandoen,aangaan,besoek,aansit,vassit and omsit"., but is shows " ekspressle and uitdrukking "

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi Hendrik!

I trimmed the blank spaces from the words and I set the WordPK as AutoNumber (that caused the error 94). I made some changes in the VBA code because had to change the grouping methodology, and I think that now works properly.

You can add new words directly in the combobox "The Word" (if it is not in list).
    From combobox "Add new synonyme", you can add an existing word in the current group, or a new word if "The Word" is blank.
    With button "Primary word", you can find the word where it's primary key equals to the Group ID.

Make your own tests and let me know if there are any issues.

Good luck!

John

Thank you guys, I have got it working. Use John info and did test on it.

Windows XP Access 2007
    You're welcome Hendrik!
    I just fulfilled the Ajax's idea.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    I just fulfilled the Ajax's idea.
    Thanks - Nice to be acknowledged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.