skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Dual listbox -- change process to allowing multiple selection acoss multiple other values

Good morning experts:

I need some assistance with tweaking a process uses dual listboxes. Attached database contains the following tables:
    1. Table "T01_Billets" -- has 7 billets (jobs)
    2. Table "T01_StaffMembers" -- has 5 staff members (employees)
    4. Table "T11_WorkingGroups" -- has 3 working groups (WGs)
    5. Table "T21_UniversalJointTaskList" -- has 3 'Universal Joint Tasks' (UJTL)

Queries:
    - There are six (6) queries... 3 for process "Billets to WGs and 3 for process "Billets to UJTLs"

Form:
    - Two forms "F50_BilletsToWorkingGroups" and "F51_BilletsToUniversalJointTaskList"

Existing process:
    - When bringing up, e.g., "F50_BilletsToWorkingGroups" the user can select "Working Group A", "Working Group B", or "Working Group C" from the drop-down.
    - Next, for any of the three working groups, all "available" billets (7 of them) are shown in the left listbox.
    - User can select any number and click on 'right arrow' to assign billet(s) to the three working groups. So, potentially, WG #A may have all seven billets to be part of the working group.
    - Now, when switching to "Working Group B" or "Working Group C", the up to seven billets are still available for selection.
    - So, conceptually, 7 billets can be assigned to each of the 3 working groups, resulting in 21 records being stored in the junction table "T10_JunctionTable_BWG".

Required change to 2nd process (billets to UJTLs):
    - Just like the "billets to working groups", the "billets to UJTLs" works exactly the same. Again, 7 billets times 3 UJTLs would result in 21 assignments in the "T20_JunctionTable_BUJTL" junction table.
    - However, for the "billets to UJTLs", I'd like to change the process. That is, if any number of billets have been assigned to, e.g., UJTL "SN1: Conduct Deployment...", then I don't these particular
    billets be **no longer** available in the other UJTLs such as "SN 2: Provide Strategic Intelligence" or "SN 3: Employ Forces".
    - Therefore, the modified process would allow to only store a maximum of only seven (7) -- vs. 21 -- billets in the "T20_JunctionTable_BUJTL".

My question:

- How would either one of the three queries AND/OR listbox data sources AND/OR VBA in the form "F51_BilletsToUniversalJointTaskList" be rewritten so that no billets can be assigned to multiple UJTLs?

Thank you in advance for your help!

EEH
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Per Bob's recommendation, attached is the database (zipped) in MDB format.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    skydivetom

Please read the following link: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

accesstos is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivetom View Post
    My question:
    - How would either one of the three queries AND/OR listbox data sources AND/OR VBA in the form "F51_BilletsToUniversalJointTaskList" be rewritten so that no billets can be assigned to multiple UJTLs?
    Hi Tom!

In design view of query Q51C_BilletsToUniversalJointTaskList, replace the "table" T20_JunctionTable_BUJTL with the original table. That's all.

Cheers,
    John

P.S.: Don't forget to Combact and Repair your databases before compress it.

Hello John... thank you... that was an easy solution. I wouldn't have figured it out though.

As the process continues to evolve, I have posted yet another different question in the below listed thread. Yet another layer of "monkey wrench". I welcome any thoughts/recommendations.

https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=77953

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.