moody6086 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Databases/Queries associated with Saved Imports/Exports

I've searched on this forum and have been unable to locate an answer to my question, so I've decided to post it here.

I inherited a support role for an Access DB, which contains a significant number of Imports/Exports. I need to figure out the tables/queries that are associated with these imports/exports. I’ve researched and have been unable to find an answer.

The closest answer I’ve gotten is to use the MsysIMEXSpecs table; however in my database I see over 100 imports and exports, but only 30 records in this table. Plus this table doesn’t appear to have much information in it. I feel like this should be an easy thing, but I just can’t figure it out.

Can anyone offer an answer as to how you can find out what queries/tables are utilized within saved imports/exports?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    1. Look at all your modules, the code in them will tell you which imports/exports are being used
    2. Look at the code associated with any forms where a button click may be performing an action to import data. Those buttons may have a macro or some vba code attached to them running queries in a sequence
    3. Rename the queries one at a time and see where/if you get error messages in your import process

the last one isn't a great option as it's kind of hit or miss

If you go the route of searching code, just do a systematic search for each query name in your query toolbox

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.