You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table.

The following is my thought process:

A Request (Sponsor Request Table) can have many product orders (Product Lookup Table). I do not have an issue here. I now want to create the actual items that go into the order (Product Build Table), so one Product Look_upID will have multiple items from the ProductBuild Table. After all have been created, I now want to ship. I could have multiple shipments to support the Order (Product Lookup Table) that contain multiple items from the Product Build Table.

The is what happens:

Now when I enter into my form, I enter in the Sponsor Request info....no problem. Enter in the Product Lookup Table...no problem. It becomes a problem when I save my items for the Product Build and hit Save. I get the error "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "Shipping Table". I'm not ready to enter shipping info...how do I resolve?

Please Help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RelationshipPicture.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    There is a problem with your attached zip file - cannot extract files.

EDIT:
    I noticed you have special characters (the #) in 9 field names and spaces in names.

Some suggestions:
    Use only letters and numbers (exception is the underscore) for object names.
    Do not use spaces, punctuation or special characters in object names.
    Do not begin an object name with a number.
    Do not use Look up FIELDS, multi-Value fields or Calculated fields in tables.

Object names are Field names, table names, query names, form names and report names.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Along with that comment: your names are confusing to anyone who is not real familiar with the process (or maybe even just the db itself) so it's hard to offer any direction beyond maybe uncheck "Require Referential Integrity" on the join to shipping table. You can still have a relationship regardless.
    Product Lookup suggests it's about the many products offered yet you say it's about orders. Product Build suggests it's about what sub items go into a product for sale/shipment but you say it's about orders too.
    the order (Product Build Table)
    the Order (Product Lookup Table)
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Seems to me you need to have a table in between those two. Shipping Table > Shipping Details Table that the Product Build table then gets a Foreign Key placed in. Once does not normally ship right from the Product end table.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper212 View Post
    The following is my thought process:

A Request (Sponsor Request Table) can have many product orders (Product Lookup Table). I do not have an issue here. I now want to create the actual items that go into the order (Product Build Table), so one Product Look_upID will have multiple items from the ProductBuild Table. After all have been created, I now want to ship. I could have multiple shipments to support the Order (Product Lookup Table) that contain multiple items from the Product Build Table.

The is what happens:

Now when I enter into my form, I enter in the Sponsor Request info....no problem. Enter in the Product Lookup Table...no problem. It becomes a problem when I save my items for the Product Build and hit Save. I get the error "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "Shipping Table". I'm not ready to enter shipping info...how do I resolve?

Please Help!
    Thank you! I have re-engineered my tables and am much closer....will start a new thread on my new issues.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.