greatwhite is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Parent Child Report

I am trying to create a Parent Child Report. Following the information below but either I am clicking on the wrong thins or this is for a older MS Access.

I have created my main and then I click on region (EC_ID in my case).

I right click Details and I select in the popup menu 'Group On"

Step 4 is where I am having a problem I cannot find "insert Row" or maybe I have the whole thing wrong

Create a report as “SubReport” with a table displaying all data in the dataset above, filtered with a report parameter @Region.
    2.Create a main report named “MainRep”, with a table containing two fields Region and amount.
    3.In MainRep, right-click Details in Row Groups pane. In the Group Properties pane, Add an Group expression on [Region].
    4.In design surface, right-click the textbox containing [Region], click Insert Row, and then, select Inside Group-Below.
    5.In the new row, drag the SubReport to the text box right below [Region] textbox.
    6.Right-click the SubReport in the textbox, open Subreport Properties dialog. And navigate to Patameters tab, add a parameter with Name (Region) and Value ([Region]).

7.Control the visibility of the SubReport row as Hide, when the report is initially run. And configure it to show by the toggle item Region.
    When previewing the MainRep, it shows as:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group On.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	39231

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I have no idea what "insert row" means. Where did you find these instructions?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Those instructions are for SQL Reporting Services and will not work for Access. So, if you are trying to insert a Subreport then you first need to create one. Then when you place it on your Report you can link it to that control.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.