Crystan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Question regarding MS Forms and Exe

Hello again.

I have successfully made the trace system, and split the database. The data is on the server and the forms are saved onto other terminals. All linked, all working *thumbs up*

The issue is Ive had to install a touchscreen system. At first the idea was great, however the system (Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 - Windows 10 Edition) does't have MS Office. It wont install due to hardware compatability? very odd. So I'm left with 2 options. 1 - sell it, find another system. or 2 try and make the Access Forms in something else and link them to MS Access.

Does anyone know of any convertion tools/3rd party Access tools/ ways to make the form an EXE so I can use the Access form? I tried to save as ACCDE excutable however it brings up this:

"This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
    There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used."

I only need 1 form on the thing and its driving me insane!

Kind regards

Crys

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    First of all you cannot make an ACCDE file into an EXE.
    In order to run any Access database, you must have either a full version or a runtime version of Access installed.
    However Access databases run perfectly well on touchscreen systems such as tablets.
    In fact I have created several Access apps specifically for touchscreens.

With regard to the ACCDE conversion issue, can you upload your database so someone can look at it.
    If the data is sensitive, modify it first. If too big, remove anything unnecessary to your issue.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    the error you are getting may be misleading and could be indicating your code will not compile - a requirement to create a .accde

ensure all modules have option explicit at the top, just below option compare database - then compile the code by clciking on the debug option and selecting compile.

It may also be that you have created and deleted chunks of code leaving the FE in a potentially unstable state. To resolve this, you need to decompile, then compact/repair and then compile again. There are plenty of examples on the web for how to decompile - this is one of them http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftacces.../Decompile.asp

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.