Create a photo album stored in Access that can be referenced and displayed in a form

I am creating a database that stores information about machines in a manufacturing plant. Part of that information is pictures. There are a number of cases in which multiple machines require the same picture. At the moment, I am storing the pictures and machine information in a single table, using the attachment data type to store the pictures. The problem is I am storing multiple copies of the same picture in the same database, which seems unnecessarily tedious and resource intensive.

Is there a way I could create a single table to store all my pictures, then be able to reference a given picture in a table or query, so that when I create a form or report based on the table/query, the form/report will display the pictures?

Thanks!

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Save all your pictures in folders and only store the path to those photos in your database.
    You display the pictures in an image control with the path set as the control source.

Is there a way I could do the same thing but store the pictures within Access itself? I understand there is the risk of bloating the database, but in this case I would prefer not to separate the pictures folders from the Access database.

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I'm sure you probably could but I don't go anywhere near attachment fields in any of my projects. They are too much of a P.I.T.A. to work with and it doesn't take long to bloat a database to the point that it is unusable. How many pictures do you have and how large are they?

Let's say up to 100 pictures. The pictures are JPEGs, each being about 400 KB in size.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.