Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    farmer4H is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Davergi,
    The qry_appendNewIncident has a little more text in it than you circled for deletion:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	code.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	39171
    Do I delete the part that says From tbl_OrganizationContacts as well?

I deleted the grouping colum you refered to in the other query.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Mike60smart,
    I am confused.
    When I look at the relationships I do not see a connection between tblErrorIncedent and tblIncidentStatus.
    If my qryInitialStatus is generating 2 records, how do I change that? How can you tell from the query it is generating 2 records?

I'll upload screen shots.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Name:	table.jpg 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	39172 relationship between tables.

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The qry_appendNewIncident has a little more text in it than you circled for deletion:

Name:	code.jpg 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	39171
    Do I delete the part that says From tbl_OrganizationContacts as well?
    We have a moving target here. That's not the same query that's in the DB that you posted.
    If there are no fields from tbl_OrganizationContacts selected in the query, then it shouldn't be included in the FROM clause.
    The changes that I provided in Post#14 should get rid of duplicates.

Hi

The Relationships must be set in the Backend

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    We have a moving target here. That's not the same query that's in the DB that you posted.
    Sorry, got ahead of myself here. I had already deleted tbl_OrganizationContacts from the query when I posted #14, so it is the same query. Delete the entire FROM clause.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Did you see the relationship diagram I posted? That is what I get when I open the back end.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Name:	query.jpg 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	39173
    This is the query generating two records? referring to post #17. How do I change that?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This is the query generating two records? referring to post #17. How do I change that?
    The query and the fix is clearly identified in Post#14.

To fix the query refer to the details provided in Post 14

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Got it. I have made those changes. Thank you for your patience. The only thing that remains a mystery before I try it out again is the relationship refered to in post 15: You have the same problem between tblErrorIncident and tblIncidentStatus

Unable to enforce Referential Integrity

I do not see that relationship in the relationship diagram.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I think it all worked. thank you so much for your patience and assistance. I will test drive this thing for a while and keep my fingers crossed.

THANK YOU!!!

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I've seen several things that should be fixed:

Some Naming suggestions:
    -----------------------------

Use only letters and numbers (exception is the underscore) for object names.
    Do not use spaces, punctuation or special characters in object names.
    Do not begin an object name with a number.
    Do not use Look up FIELDS, multi-Value fields or Calculated fields in tables.

================================================== ==================

IMPORTANT:

Code:
    Option Compare Database   '<<-- These two lines should be at the top of EVERY code module!!
    Option Explicit           '<<-- These two lines should be at the top of EVERY code module!!

Error in declarations:

Code:
        Dim v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6, v7, v8 As Integer  '<<- only  v8 is defined as Integer - all others are Variants
        Dim val1, val2, val3 As Integer                '<<- only val3 is defined as Integer - others are Variants
        Dim search1, search2 As String                 '<<- only search2 is defined as String - others are Variants
    You must explicitly declare each variable
    Code:
     Dim v1 As Integer, v2 As Integer, v3 As Integer, v4 As Integer, v5 As Integer, v6 As Integer, v7 As Integer, v8 As Integer

Should NEVER have declarations inside of a loop!!
    Code:
    Private Sub BulkEmail1()
        'crazypants
        Dim db As DAO.Database
        Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
        Set db = CurrentDb
        Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("qry_second_contact", dbOpenForwardOnly)

Do
            Dim mailItem As Outlook.mailItem      '<<-- Should NEVER have declarations inside of a loop!!
            initoutlook
            Dim outlookApp As Outlook.Application'<<-- Should NEVER have declarations inside of a loop!!

Set outlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")   '<<-- Need to Close Outlook and  Set outlookApp = Nothing just before "END SUB"
            Set mailItem = outlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)        '<<-- Need to have Set outlookApp = Nothing just before "END SUB"

' Dim Attach as Outlook.Attachments
            mailItem.SentOnBehalfOfName = "sofc@stuact.tamu.edu"
            mailItem.To = rs.Fields("Primary Advisor - E-mail") & "; " & rs.Fields("Secondary Advisor - E-mail") & "; " & rs.Fields("Chief Student Leader - E-mail") & "; " & rs.Fields("Treasurer - E-mail")
            'mailItem.CC = "email"

mailItem.Subject = "Follow up re: Ticket#: " & rs.Fields("IncidentID") & " Student Organization Finance Center -  " & rs.Fields("OrganizationName")
            mailItem.Display
            ' mailItem.Attachments.Add "\\innovation\CustomerProjects\Dunkin\Support\Dunkin Documents\DMB Install Date Assignment Memo.pdf"
            mailItem.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
            'Begin Text
            mailItem.HTMLBody = "<HTML><p>Howdy!</p><p>We have been unable to complete your request for $" & CCur(rs.Fields("Dollar Amount")) & " payable to " & rs.Fields("Payableto") & " due to the following deficiency: </p><p><b>" & rs.Fields("ErrorType") & "</b></p><p> Initially communicated on " & rs.Fields("DateStamp") & ". Please contact the SOFC to resolve this ticket. This request will be returned unprocessed to the organization mail slot on " & rs.Fields("ReturnDate") & ". </p><p>This information has been sent using a new automated process. If you believe this notice to be in error, please respond by email or call with the ticket #. This notificaiton is automated. Thank you for your assistance in resolving this matter." & _
                                "<b><p><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family: ""Arial"",sans-serif;color:#262626'>SOFC Business Management</b><br/>Department of Student Activities | Texas A&amp;M University<br/><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif;color:#262626'>Student Organization Finance Center<br/>235 John J. Koldus Building. 1236 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1236<br/><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif;color:#262626'>ph. 979.845.1114 | fax. 979.862.8166 | <a href=""mailto:sofc@stuact.tamu.edu"">sofc@stuact.tamu.edu</a></span><br/><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif;color:black;background:white'>" & _
                                "- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -&nbsp;</span><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif;color:black'><br></span><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif;color:#262626'><br></span><b><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial""," & _
                                "sans-serif;color:#632423'><a href=""http://studentactivities.tamu.edu/""><span style='color:#632423'>http://studentactivities.tamu.edu/</span></a> &nbsp;</span></b><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:""Arial"",sans-serif'>| <a href=""http://www.facebook.com/stuact""><span style='color:windowtext'>www.facebook.com/stuact</span></a> | <a href=""http://www.twitter.com/tamustuact""><span style='color:windowtext'>www.twitter.com/tamustuact</span></a><b><span style='color:#632423'><p></p></span></b></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><p>&nbsp;</p></p></div></body></html>"

' End Text
            mailItem.Send
            rs.MoveNext
        Loop Until rs.EOF

rs.Close
        Set rs = Nothing
        Set mailItem = Nothing
    End Sub

In the tables "tbl_Cashiers" and "tbl_ErrorIncident", there is a field named "DateTimeStamp", with the Default Value property set to "Now()".
    You should not have "Now() AS DateTimeStamp" in the Append queries!

Name:	qry_append.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	39174

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.