Chuck is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2003

Access 2019 two questions: Email connectivity + running from the "cloud"

1. I am interested in learning about Access 2019 and its ability to connect with email applications. References on this subject would be of interest. I am specifically interested in knowing whether Access works easily with Outlook as well as with other email applications (gmail for example). Is coding required or is there built-in functionality to accomplish this? I have not upgraded as yet so I am not able to look around the program or experiment.

2. Are there only certain versions of Access 2019 that will run on the "cloud"?

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Access and Outlook work well together. There are numerous examples you can find doing a forum or Internet search.

Access is not designed to work 'on the clouds. If you try to do so, performance will be poor and corruption inevitable.
    MS made several attempts to create web databases but none were that successful and the feature has since been deprecated.

However you can run backend databases using Azure or connect to your desktop remotely using Terminal Services or similar
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.