jo15765 is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Conditional Formatting On Sub Form

I am attempting to use Conditional Formatting on a Sub-Form that I have with a concatenation of two fields - month & year and hardcoding 1 as the day so it is like this
    Code:
    Date([Month] & "/01/" & [Year]) As InvoiceDate

Now on my form I want to use an expression to
    Turn Red if the InvoiceDate is >= 60 days of the 1st of the current month
    Turn Yellow if the InvoiceDate is between 30 days and 60 days of the 1st of the current month

I Have tried
    Expression: [InvoiceDate] < Date()-60 .... for Red
    Expression: [InvoiceDate] Between Date()-30 And Date()-60 ....for Yellow

BBBUUUUTTTT this takes into account the current date and not the 1st of the month, so my coloring is skewed. I tried to use DateSerial() in my Expression but then NOTHING is colored, almost like the Conditional Formatting does not recognize it. I'm at a loss at this point!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Date() function cannot be used as shown in first expression. All Date() does is return current date - the function does not have arguments.

Is this your thread https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=305866
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi - thank you for the response.

No that thread is not me. I did see it when I did an internet search and tried the suggestions but was unsuccessful in my attempts.

If Date() is not the proper function to use to achieve my desired easily, how should I do this?

June7 is offline VIP
    The thread shows solved so why does it not work for you?

Did you try this, does apply color for me:

InvoiceDate < DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) - 60

InvoiceDate BETWEEN DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) - 30 AND DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) - 60
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    FYI Month and Year are also functions and should not be used as field names - rename as invMonth, invYear or similar

try

Turn Red if the InvoiceDate is >= 60 days of the 1st of the current month - field value is....greater than.....date()-day(date())+60
    Turn Yellow if the InvoiceDate is between 30 days and 60 days of the 1st of the current month -field value is....greater than.....date()-day(date())+30

providing you do the red as the first condition, it will already take out the >60, so you have basically the same formula for the second condition

Note that your formula is looking at invoice dates in the future - is that what you mean? Or do you want to know which ones are overdue? If so the formula would be

Turn Red if the InvoiceDate is <= 60 days of the 1st of the current month - field value is....less than.....date()-day(date())-60
    Turn Yellow if the InvoiceDate is between 30 days and 60 days of the 1st of the current month -field value is....less than.....date()-day(date())-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    FYI Month and Year are also functions and should not be used as field names - rename as invMonth, invYear or similar

try

Turn Red if the InvoiceDate is >= 60 days of the 1st of the current month - field value is....greater than.....date()-day(date())+60
    Turn Yellow if the InvoiceDate is between 30 days and 60 days of the 1st of the current month -field value is....greater than.....date()-day(date())+30

providing you do the red as the first condition, it will already take out the >60, so you have basically the same formula for the second condition

Note that your formula is looking at invoice dates in the future - is that what you mean? Or do you want to know which ones are overdue? If so the formula would be

Turn Red if the InvoiceDate is <= 60 days of the 1st of the current month - field value is....less than.....date()-day(date())-60
    Turn Yellow if the InvoiceDate is between 30 days and 60 days of the 1st of the current month -field value is....less than.....date()-day(date())-30
    This worked perfectly, thank you kindly

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.