Andy.S is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Requery not working?

Hopefully the forum can help.

I am not a coder (VBA or otherwise), I am a DBA who has inherited numerous legacy (Access 2007 or old) databases that I have to try and support, so please bear with as I do not have a lot of skills in this area. The Access version in question here is Access 2007

Problem:

One of the access databases has functionality (call it left side and right side) where for a given bit of detail on the left side, there is a box on the right side that shows relevant links to the data from the left. In the box on the right there is also a filter to only show specific types of links.

In the code for this area there is a me.requery command and up to now the functionality of what the tool was doing worked fine. So in my mind the code itself is fine as this has been working ok for years.

The problem, is that for other employees with new windows 10 builds on their PC, this right hand box on a change of left hand side detail goes blank. You can show the details by hitting the refresh button, but when they are processing numerous left hand items, they don't want to keep pressing the refresh button on the ribbon.

My PC is Windows 10 but was built a couple of month ago. This functionality is working fine on my PC, but not on PC's with a more recent build. My PC has windows updates applied as per company dictate.

So I am wondering if any of this rings a bell with other forum members? Is there anything anyone can think of that latest Windows 10 might be contributing to breaking this requery funcitonality?

Thanks in advance and hopefully the question is not too vague.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    not so far as I am aware, but occasionally a windows update has unintended consequences. I would check you version number (File>Help) against a pc displaying this issue

I don't see why it should not affect this particular bit of code but just check you all have the same bit version of access (32 or 64bit, also found on the help screen)

How is your app set up? it should be BE on the server, FE on each users machine. If it is not set up like this, it may be that corruption has set in in which case you can try compact/repair. Then split the db and ensure each user has their own copy of the FE.

Andy.S is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Just been advised by a colleague that some issues on his PC were just applied (relating to things potentially missed of his PC build). With these in place, his PC is now correctly showing the requeried right-hand screen.
    When I get better details of the changes applied I will advise here in case it helps others. As stated before this appears to be more environmental on the PC as opposed to Access or VBA,

Andy.S is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    The three main things 'corrected' on the build, were adding Borland Database Engine, ODBCAD32.exe and correcting permissions on a location related to i/o Error 32.
    If anything I might have thought ODBCAD32.exe as the biggest area of issue. Going to chase to make sure nothing else as also 'added'

Andy.S is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Interesting check made on this (I hope). For some reason I don't yet understand, my PC had Access 2007 at SP3 level, where as all the other PC's showing the problem I am seeing are at the base build level. So going to do a test on upgrading a PC to SP3 and see if that resolves the issue I am seeing.

The previously mentioned ODBCAD32.exe although interesting, did not in my view be the reason for the issue showing/not showing.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.