slimjen is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007

Many fields

Gm..using Access 2016...I have a report with more than 10 fields...17 to be exact. It's already grouped as necessary. How do I organize a report with that many fields to make the report look presentable? Any suggestions would be appreciated..

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    use landscape? smaller font?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I think it would depend on the nature of the data. Generally options include using landscape and having 2 or more lines in the detail section.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Can you make a layout on paper with a pencil that represents an acceptable report? If so, replicate that in the Access report. If not, then Access cannot either.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for replying...I didn't realize I could have more than one line..I do have it orientation view...how do I do this n accomplish a presentable report for VPs?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I don't think anybody who isn't familiar with the data can give you a definitive answer on how to make the report presentable. Have you asked the VPs how they'd like to see the data? I can make a report I think is a thing of beauty but the only opinions that matter are the people that will actually use it.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2007
    I am taking ur suggestions and putting the data in multiple lines as not to let them run off into another page...just need to line it up so it would be presentable..yes, they just want the data on one page...I'm not that great at designing reports but I can design decent forms. Thanks

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    There's really nothing to add here. You just have to make your DETAIL section of your report (or your group headers/footers larger as well) wide enough to handle each 'record' where the record consists of your 17 fields. Nobody is going to be able to tell you how to arrange them in a logical order without knowing a hell of a lot more about your business and/or VP's personal preferences. Pbaldy's suggestion is the one I would follow, go ask your VP's how they want to see it, especially if the data itself is not something with which you are familiar.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.