achammar is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

How to use subform to list all records in a table where the main form contains a search value

So I'm new here. I just need a starting point. I have some knowledge of tables, forms, and queries and how they work. I've built a few simple tables and forms, and some queries, but I'm far from advanced. I've never used a subform but I did just learn how to insert one. What I want to do is have a form that has an identification number field (text box) that I can enter or display multiple records that have that same number.. but when I go to the next record on the main form, it goes to the next number and does the same thing... for example: In my main form I will have a number in a text box (probably formatted as short text in a table because it might not be only numbers). I need a way to enter a list of items that will have that same number attached to them somehow.. like invoices for example. If I have an invoice number in my main form, I want to show the list of items (including quantities, prices and such .. not just 1 field) applied to that invoice. I also need to enter items when I add a new invoice number. If someone can just tell me everything I need to build and how to put it together, I think I can figure it out. I don't need direction on how to build the stuff, just what objects I need and how to put it together. I hope that made sense..

Thank you very much!
    Albert

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    That's what the subform container Master/Child Links properties accomplish. Automatically saves main form primary key as foreign key in subform. Related records are synchronized. Basic Access functionality, review https://support.office.com/en-us/art...a-1e74d6f5f06b
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

achammar is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Thank you! That got me where I needed to be!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.