slimjen is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007

Autofill

All, using access 2016..I have searched the forum n tried the suggestions. I have a combo box to filter and populate a subform. In the mainform area also have a few unbound fields that also need to populate based on the combo box selection. I can't get this to work...the combo box row source is a query with the other fields I want populated. I set the column count to 4 for the total columns in the query n on the form and the column width accordingly. I tried a couple of ways...in the control source of unbound text field=[ComboBox].Column(2)..theres on columncount. Or the same in the afterupdate event of the combo box.. don't populate..I've done this n the past but can't remember not working...

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    To have the textboxes unbound (and editable) use the AfterUpdate property of the combo box, making sure you reference the proper columns (the column collection is 0 based so your example would be the third column),
    Cheers,
    Vlad

slimjen is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I got it working but when I click the combo drop, the box is so wide...I hide all fields but the field base on combo...how can I clean this up? I don't need the unbound text editable..
    Last edited by slimjen; 06-25-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: More

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    To get the combo to show properly you adjust the individual column widths in the column width property and the list width property for the list itself. If you set the control source property of the text boxes to =cboMyCombo.Column(1) then just do a Me.Refresh in the AfterUpdate of the combo.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.