dslomer64 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Repeatedly being asked for parameter value for nonexistent query Query2 that I deleted yesterday

I think my attachment says a lot... ... ...

I'm not a seasoned Access user, but I've used it for a few projects, including some sort of student discipline database 20-30 years ago. It's coming back.

But if *I* can't see "query2" using any tool I'm aware of... Where's Access getting it?

Here’s my SQL
    SELECT Outlets.Room, Outlets.Device, Outlets.WallAlias, Outlets.Circuit, Outlets.DeviceIdentifierIfAny, Outlets.DeviceWatts, Outlets.Note, AtTheBox.Amps, Rooms.Floor, Locations.DirPlusWall
    FROM Rooms INNER JOIN (Locations INNER JOIN (DeviceType INNER JOIN (AtTheBox INNER JOIN Outlets ON AtTheBox.Circuit = Outlets.Circuit) ON DeviceType.Device = Outlets.Device) ON Locations.WallAlias = Outlets.WallAlias) ON Rooms.Room = Outlets.Room;

Clearly I didn’t write that. Anyway, no mention of “query2”.

Now at one time I DID have a "query2" but I deleted it with no error messages.

I have done Compact and Repair Database, got Relationships report (attached) looked for Dependencies (none--attached)

A couple of times, in Datasheet view, there was ONE record with 4 or 5 fields with "?name" as the field values. Fortunately, that has quit happening. Don't know what caused it, nor why it went away. At the time, closing and re-opening the database produced the same results, but each time all I did was visit Design, change nothing, and then view a correct query. After supplying a value for query2.Circuit.

I assume that interloping "query2" was responsible somehow.

But whatever. How do I get rid of the request for parameter value "query2.Circuit" when in fact there's no such table or query with the field name "Circuit" except the query we're looking at and the table that it's based on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails query2 bug.png  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Or at least the SQL of the query. It could be in an expression somewhere.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

June7 is online now VIP
    SQL provided in OP. Issue doesn't appear to be there.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Clearly I'm blind.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

CJ_London is offline VIP
    suggest check the filter and sort properties for your query - and if this sql is being used as a source for a form or report - check there as well.

To see the properties, in design view click on the properties button in the ribbon

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Now at one time I DID have a "query2" but I deleted it with no error messages.
    You probably have "Track Changes" turned on in Options. This sort of thing can happen as a result of that setting when things are renamed or deleted. To test that theory I would have suggested a CR but you've already done that. Suggest that you open a new db and import all of your objects into it and see what happens with the new one. The fact that ghost errors like #Name go away when you continue to play around is not a good thing, really.

If that fixes it, you might want to turn off Track Changes.

Forgot -
    the problem you report is a result of opening the query you posted? Or is that just what you think is the root of the problem but it happens when you open a form/report that is based on that? In that case, you have a control that references query2, such as sql for a combo row source, or a calculated control.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

roaftech is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2003
    I have experienced a similar effect from time to time and tracked it down to the "sorting and grouping" options, either directly or by inference. Can also be hiding in a conditional formatting formula.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.