watzmann is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Reporting Issue

Hi All ,

I build acess database consisted of 5 tables and with the same primary key which is the "Date"

Then , i decided to build a report which gather differnat fields from all this tables and to show it in only one page

My issue , when i preview the report it doesn't show anything other than blank fields .

for that i made some relationaships between the tables and "Date" field was the gate to each table but it doesn't work

Can you please help me ? - i need to know if for example i need to extract some fields from all tables in the date "01.09.10" how to do that ?

Thanks

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    First, if you have a field in the table just called "Date", please change it (ie. DateOfSomething). MSAccess coding works very poorly using key reserved field names such as: Date, Name, Field, Value, etc... Avoid naming any tables or fields with reserved key words (along with spaces or odd characters such as $@# in the field/table name.)

I wouldn't make a primary key off of a Date type field. Not a good idea. Instead I might create a primary key type field which perhaps has some other field value and if necessary, embed the date into this value as a string value - ex: Kohn05232010 (although again, I would avoid having the date value as part of any primary key value.)

It's difficult to say why you're not seeing any records on the report without seeing it. You may want to look at the recordsource of the report and work with that to get it to display values since your problem could be the recordsource itself or something on the report which is preventing records from showing.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.