sinisterfrog is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

On Double Click event ~ set value/ copy data of selected field into a diff form

I have a form that pops up (in datasheet view) when a customer is added to an order that shows all previous Shipping locations for the specific CustomerID. I would like to be able to double click on the ShippingID and have that populate on the original form. I assume this is a "on double click" event, but I dont know the vba to select the item I just clicked on and then add it to form.field of my choosing.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information.

-Matt

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Why don't you use a combobox or listbox on main form? Code can restrict the combobox/listbox choices to records for the specific customer. This is called cascading combobox/listbox.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Unfortunately due to some other design elements A combobox/list box wont work. That said, I also want to be able to use this feature elsewhere (or at least I think I do).

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What design elements prevent combo/list box?

Options:

1. second form sets value of first form field: Forms!firstformname!fieldname = Me.textboxname

2. declare a global variable or TempVar that can be referenced from anywhere to set and read
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Forms!form1!field = me.field worked perfectly.

I assume the issue arises from how I've set up my tables. I've attached an image of the table relations. I didnt like how Aliases were working so I built a table instead. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	38772

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.