ahuffman24 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Error- Syntax Error in JOIN Operation

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Access 2016. I am creating a database that will allow a user to create a schedule that tells employees to test specific orders that a customer places and also allows them to record the data. The schedules are ordered by date. Right now, I have an Intro Form that allows the user to choose where to navigate in the database. The schedules are under the "Schedules" button, as shown below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schedule intro.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	38732

When clicked, a list of all of the available dates of schedules appear, as shown below.

Name:	Choose date.jpg 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	38733

I want the user to be able to select which date they want to view the schedule for and open up a form that shows the schedule for that date (the form should be filtered by that date). I have created similar filtered forms before, and I have never had any issues. With this form, though, when I click the "Select" button, I get an error that says "Syntax Error in JOIN Operation". For the button I used macros, and this is what I have in my macros for the button:

Name:	open new scheudle form.jpg 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	38734

To filter the next form based on the date, I would typically include the statement ="[Order_Date]="&[Order_Date] in the "Where Condition" section, but I have taken that out because I thought that might be where the error was coming from. It is not, butI've researched the error, and it seems like this is a typical issue with a query. I myself did not create a query manually, and I'm no expert on queries by any means, but I did use a form wizard to create my form, and in the Record Source of my form it shows which table the data is coming from, and behind that I believe a query is created (or something like that - again, I'm no expert, this is just what I have observed). In this query that seems to have been created by Access, this is what I see:

Name:	query.jpg 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	38735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	query select.jpg 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	38736

I am at a loss for how to fix this. Any ideas?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I figured out that it was not my Choose_Schedule_Date form that was causing the error, it was the form to which that the button was trying to navigate, and this is happening on all of my forms that have fields from more than 1 table. I cannot view these forms in form view because I get the same error as stated previously, but when I view them in Design Mode, there is a green triangle in the upper left corner of the text boxes for the fields, and the error message attached to them says "Invalid Control Property: Control Source". Here is a screenshot of my table relationships, and here is what it says in the control source of one of my forms: SELECT [Order_Table].[Spin_Number], [Order_Date].[Order_Date] FROM Order_Date_Table INNER JOIN Order_Table ON [Order_Date].[ID] =[Order_Table].[Date_ID];

Name:	relationshipssss.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	38737

Any idea why this might be happening?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Need to pull fields into the grid so the SQL statement would be either of:

SELECT Order_Date_Table.* FROM Order_Date_Table;

or

SELECT Order_Date_Table.ID, Order_Date_Table.Order_Date FROM Order_Date_Table;

A form should do data entry/edit for only 1 table. Why are you including multiple tables in RecordSource? What purpose is a table of dates? Why not just save date instead of an ID?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm including multiple tables because I need to include data from multiple tables. My table relationships look like this:

Name:	relationshipssss.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	38738

Hence why I am including data from multiple tables

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Just re-read post2. You say "control source" - control source property cannot have SQL statement. Did you mean RecordSource property?

A form should do data entry/edit for 1 table. Which table do you want to edit? If you want to include other tables to retrieve related info, don't allow edit of those fields. There are other ways to bring related info onto form.

Probably should not use INNER JOIN, try RIGHT.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.