Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Summit_IT is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2003

Subform is completely blank when opened.

I open the master form which works, then when I open a subform, the form is not visible. Only when I go to Home tab, and toggle filter, the form reappears. How to eliminate this annoyance? Windows 10 Access 2019 .accdb.

Thanks,

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    either the subform has no data,
    or you did not link the subform to the master, (subform properties: link master field, link child field)
    or its invisible

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'open a subform' - a subform is a form on another form and opens when the master form opens. Master/Child Links properties synchronize records.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2003
    This issue only happens on the two computers I placed a copy of my front end database. Mine works as designed, but it doesn't work on the other two. The weird thing is it doesn't happen to all the forms. Each form is linked properly. If I go to the "Home" tab and toggle filter the form appears.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Here is what is happening,
    1. The front-end database was developed on my computer. I save as "Package & Sign". And placed the front-end on two workstations.
    2. When I use the app at the workstations and open the main form, the status bar shows "This recordset in not updateable". It
    3. I created a checklist of everything that needed to be checked to verify the app works. Comparing the other two I notice the parts the forms that don't work are contained in one particular subform.
    4. If I run their copy over the network with my workstation, they both work great.

All three workstations use Windows 10. Mine is the only Pro version, the rest is the Home version.

What is going on?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    did you ensure that the locations for those installs are Trusted (Location)? The fact that the files run on your pc but not theirs is an indication of that.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    did you ensure that the locations for those installs are Trusted (Location)? The fact that the files run on your pc but not theirs is an indication of that.
    How do I check that?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    On my phone now so can only say research Ms access trusted locations or poke around in Access options.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have and I moved the frontend to a different folder and still have the same issue.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I set the Trust settings to match my computer. Still have the same issue.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    - are all pc's running the same bitness as you (32 or 64 as the case may be)? That could cause it (code that won't run in a different bit environment)
    - can you run it ok using your login credentials but on their pc? (possible permissions issue regarding the network folder). The reverse of that test would be for them to access db when logged in on your pc. It could lead you down the correct path (hardware vs permissions)
    - there is no runtime version running anywhere that has the issue?
    - the db is split and all front ends are linked to the same back end and there is no issue with yours?

My understanding is that the behavior you posted doesn't occur on your pc with your fe version.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Here are your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    - are all pc's running the same bitness as you (32 or 64 as the case may be)? That could cause it (code that won't run in a different bit environment)
    All are running 32 bit versions
    - can you run it ok using your login credentials but on their pc? No (possible permissions issue regarding the network folder).
    The reverse of that test would be for them to access db when logged in on your pc. It could lead you down the correct path (hardware vs permissions) I will investigate this tomorrow.
    - there is no runtime version running anywhere that has the issue? I don't understand what you are asking?
    - the db is split and all front ends are linked to the same back end and there is no issue with yours? Yes

My understanding is that the behavior you posted doesn't occur on your pc with your fe version.
    Yes

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Are there any users who don't have full version of Access and are instead using Access Runtime?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    No, everyone is using a full version.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The reverse of that test would be for them to access db when logged in on your pc. It could lead you down the correct path (hardware vs permissions) I will investigate this tomorrow.

I checked this and still have the same issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.